Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Six

~Lightening the Load~

EPOV

Shit.

How many times can you apologize and explain yourself to your little brother in a matter of twenty-four hours?

A poem, by Edward Cullen.

I feel Bella stiffen in my arms, but I squeeze her hips as I swallow hard, preparing to talk my way out of another mess with James.

"Uhh, sorry. I was calling for you downstairs. When you didn't answer I came looking," James explains, coolly.

Bella lifts her legs out of the arms of the chair, one at a time, while I keep a steady grip on her hips, making sure she doesn't lose her balance. Once she's standing, her head drops down in embarrassment and also what I'm assuming is guilt.

I don't want her to feel guilty, I don't want to feel guilty either, but if the shoe was on the other foot…yeah, I'd be confused and hurt and want an explanation.

"J. Listen, we uhh, we were gonna tell you. It all just kind of happened in the last week or so."

James furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head slightly. "Hey, whatever. We're all adults. I just wanted you to know I was taking the van to get it washed out and detailed. We had a couple spills from the party yesterday. I'll see ya later."

He walks back through the bedroom as I look back at Bella.

"I'm sorry. That kinda sucked. Will you wait here while I go talk to him?"

Bella nods and takes in a deep breath, "I'm…I'm sorry. I don't want you guys—"

"No," I interrupt, "we're not gonna fight. I know James. He's gonna be okay, he just needs to hear me out. Wait here?"

"Okay."

I give her a quick peck and swiftly make my way through the bedroom, down the stairs and out the kitchen door, catching up to James just as he's opening the back of the van.

"J. Stop. Can we talk?" I'm hopeful in my request. He's had a lousy couple of days like the rest of us. Walking in on Bella and me probably didn't help his ego.

He raises his eyebrows, "You can talk. I don't have much to say."

"Listen, I should've come clean a long time ago about my feelings for Bella. You asked me several weeks ago if it was going to be a problem when you first started dating her. I should've told you 'yes' but it felt wrong at the time because I was still engaged to Tori."

"Well, I'm glad you recognize that would've made you even more of a jackass than you already are. Didn't you just break up with your fiancée like, less than a week ago?"

"Yeah, I did. We did. It's just…"

"Just what? Are you ready to tell me who Bella really was to you? What I don't get is why you weren't just honest with me from the start. I mean, yeah, I liked Bella, but not enough to torture you! And now I'm assuming that my time with her was exactly that, torture for you."

I tense my jaw and nod. "Wanna hear a helluva story?"

He huffs, shaking his head, a smirk playing at his lips. In that moment, I know we're going to be fine. He just needs to hear the full explanation. It takes a lot for James to get really angry and stay that way. He's the best kind of person. I only wish I could be as selfless.

James doesn't respond to my rhetorical question, but instead opens up the second door to the back of the van, sits down and smacks the floor, "Pull up some fender."

~~~~~L~A~S~T~C~A~L~L~~~~~

BPOV

While Edward is downstairs talking to James, I try to distract myself with my journal. I only have a couple of entries after we officially broke up. I must not have been too motivated to put my feelings down on paper while I moped.

My eyes go wide as I turn the next page, seeing an entry filled with practically all capital letters, written in black marker. I wonder if this is what I think it is...y'know…the big 'set-up'.

July 25, 2003

WELL, IT TURNS OUT THAT EDWARD HAS MOVED ON WITHOUT LOOKING BACK. I CAUGHT HIM IN THE CABANA TODAY WITH SASHA. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE HOOKED UP WITH HER! ALL I KNOW IS THAT SHE WAS PLAYING DRINKING GAMES WITH BROOKE IN THEIR CABANA, BROOKE WAS WASTED AND SPILLED A BEER DOWN SASHA'S SHIRT, SASHA LEFT TO TAKE A SHOWER AND WHEN I CAME IN TO CHECK ON HER, I SAW EDWARD AND HER MAKING OUT.

Jeez. Was I pissed or what? I'm glad I'm reading this on my own right now. Edward would hate to see how torn up I was.

SASHA'S BEEN THROWING HERSELF AT EDWARD ALL WEEK LONG AND HE'S BASICALLY IGNORED HER (I secretly loved that part, serves her right, skank that she is) BUT NOW HE DECIDES SHE'S GOOD ENOUGH TO STICK HIS TONGUE DOWN HER THROAT? I WAS REALLY SAD LAST NIGHT, BUT TODAY I'M JUST PISSED AND I PLAN TO FLIRT WITH AS MANY GUYS AS I CAN UNTIL I LAND ONE AND THEN FLAUNT IT SHAMELESSLY IN FRONT OF EDWARD.

Ahh, yes. There's a mature decision. I roll my eyes at my fourteen-year-old logic.

Tomorrow night is "Night in Venice". I'm sure lots of guys will be wandering around. Courtney's family is having a big party. And Daddy's partner from work is coming down from New York with his family. There's bound to be at least one hottie I can pick out from the crowd.

LOOK OUT EDWARD. I've cried over you for the last THREE WEEKS! I'm DONE!

Well, at least I calmed down toward the end of the entry and started writing occasionally in lowercase letters again.

I flip to the next entry.

July 26, 2003

I set a goal. I achieved my goal. I just made out with Alec King for the last twenty minutes before I came back up to my room. Oh and you best believe I made sure Edward saw it! He wasn't even working, it was classic! I saw him on the boardwalk once the boat parade ended. He was hanging out on a bench with some friends near the music pier. I was across the way at Mack & Manco's with my girlfriends, Alec, and two of his friends who came with him for the weekend.

We had finished our pizzas and walked across to listen to the guitarists who were doing an acoustic jam. Alec was really sweet, holding my hand, and whispering in my ear. I whispered back and then suddenly Alec was kissing me under my ear which always made my knees go weak when Edward did it. It felt good to have someone paying attention to me again. And Alec is pretty cute. I just decided to be bold and turn my lips toward his and I planted a kiss right smack on his lips. I think I kind of shocked him, but it was totally worth it. His lips weren't as soft as Edward's. And he wore a different cologne than Edward does. But I did it anyway. I kissed him and he kissed me back and by the time I came up for air, I looked over at Edward who glared back at me and turned to walk away.

The thing is...I feel kind of awful right now. Kissing Alec was nice...but it wasn't like kissing Edward. And even if I did make Edward jealous enough tonight to want to get back together with me...it doesn't change the fact that my mom still won't let us date. Even if I did forgive him for hooking up with Sasha, which I DON'T!

Ugh. My brain is a jumbled mess...and all I can think about is the look on Edward's face after he watched me making out with Alec.

He was hurt.

So mission accomplished...I guess.

Wow. Revenge wasn't my strong suit back then, I suppose.

I'll be interested to continue to read and see if I ever allowed myself to completely fall for Alec.

After reading the remaining July and August entries for another half hour or so, I hear the van doors slam. Curiosity is eating me alive, so I hop up out of my chair, and peek around the corner in time to see James pull out of the driveway and the kitchen screen door shut.

I take my place on my seat and open the journal back to where I left off, my birthday.

September 13, 2003

I haven't felt like writing in my journal much these days. And when I do, it ends up only being wasted energy on something...someone I can't have. I've been back at school for a week. My classes are easy. I've had several boys try to get to know me, but I've blown them off by being a bitch. I'm not interested. My heart and my head are somewhere else.

We left Ocean City on Labor Day after a big birthday bash with all my shore friends and my boyfriend that Saturday night. Edward was working the afternoon of my birthday party. Daddy even paid him extra to have him stay in our cabana to fix drinks for the adults long after his shift was over. It hurts having him so close and not being able to talk with him...be with him. He wished me a happy birthday in a quiet moment when I came into the kitchen area. I thanked him, wishing I could say more, wishing I could hug him, wishing he would reach out to grab my hand...but he didn't...and I didn't. I just asked for a Shirley Temple...the drink that reminds him of me. If I'm being honest, it reminds me of him, too. It helps me feel closer to him when I drink it.

God, I'm so stupid. I'm actually getting tears in my eyes thinking about a drink! I need to just get over this. Get over him. We were together for a few weeks, had some fun, but we broke up. At this point, I've been with Alec longer than I was with Edward.

And then there's Alec. He's so sweet to me. He dotes on me all the time. He buys me whatever I mention in passing that I want. He bought me a new cell phone AND an iPod for my birthday with about a thousand credits to buy whatever songs or albums I want. I've gotten used to his kisses, but they'll never be Edward's.

Ugh! There I go again! This stops here. No more Edward! I have a boyfriend, a new and wonderful boyfriend who really cares about me. Even though he lives in Manhattan, he calls me all the time and he plans to drive down to see me every other weekend. My parents even said he can stay with us on those weekends he comes to visit. Anyway. The point of this entry is that I'm done writing about Edward. Even if I don't keep up with my journal as much as I did at the beginning of the summer, that's okay. As long as I don't keep torturing myself. I'm sure he barely even remembers my name at this point.

"Hey."

I'm startled out of the trance I fell into reading my latest entry. I close the journal, stand up and walk over to Edward, who's leaning against the sliding door.

"Hi. You okay?" I feel my nose crinkle as I wait for what I'm hoping is decent news regarding his talk with James.

"Yeah, I'm good. We're good, James and I. I think seeing us kissing definitely shocked him, but once he heard the whole story of our history together, he got it. No grudges. Plus, I think Charlotte has been keeping him company and that certainly lessens the blow," Edward adds with a waggle of his eyebrows and a smile.

Good. I'm so glad he has Charlotte. I figured they were meant to be. James deserves to be happy.

"I think I should still talk to him though, right? Just to make sure he and I are kosher. What do you think?" I ask, hoping Edward can steer me in the right direction.

"Sure. I think he'd appreciate that. But don't worry, he won't put you through the wringer. You've been through so much already, and he knows that. He just wants you to be happy; we all do."

I take that opportunity to step closer to Edward. I put my fingers through the belt loops of his cargo shorts and pull his hips to mine. "I am happy," I say softly looking up into his dreamy eyes, continuing to tug on his belt loops for emphasis.

He holds my gaze intently, like he can see right through to my soul. "I'm glad. It's all I want Bella."

He looks out at the bay for a few seconds and faces me again. "You know, I meant what I said earlier. I don't ever want to be the reason you cry. We've both been through enough. It's time for us to make some happy memories," he whispers and then stretches down to meet me for a gentle kiss.

I pull back from his lips and run my hands gently up and around his neck, threading my fingers through his hair as he pulls me tightly against him, arms hugging me securely, his face buried in my hair.

This man. This man has come to mean so much to me in such a short time. I've admitted it to myself before; I know I'm falling in love with him. He sort of shouted his declaration of love at me last night while he was trying to save us, and I trust his words, I do. But I don't know if I'm ready to say them out loud. I think we need to find a quieter moment when we can honestly reveal our feelings toward one another.

"Can I ask a favor?" I whisper in his ear, scratching lightly at the base of his neck.

"Anything." He looks back down at me and pushes my hair behind my shoulders.

"Take me somewhere that meant something special to us; a treasured moment in time that didn't get tainted with my bitchy attitude or terrible behavior toward you. I want us to make a new memory to combine with a cherished one from our past, so it can continue to be a place that's wonderful and positive between us. Any chance a place like that exists?" I huff, rolling my eyes as I finish my request, realizing just how tall of an order I'm putting out into the universe.

Edward, though he's still keeping eye contact, seems to travel far away for a minute.

It makes me smile knowing he's really putting some thought into my query.

A vibrant grin comes across his gorgeous face. "I've got it. You ready?"

"Really? You're serious?"

"Of course I'm serious! I had moves back in the day!" He exclaims. "I might be a little rusty, but I have a feeling it's coming back to me, babe. Hey! It's how Bella got my groove back!"

I laugh at his corny, yet timely, joke and smack him on the chest.

"C'mon. You're gonna love it," he leans in for another quick kiss and grabs my hand, dragging me excitedly downstairs. "I have to run outside for a second, can you throw some food in that cooler right there, and grab us a few bottles of water?" He's spouting directions while he digs in a hall closet.

"Yeah, sure. Anything else we need?"

"Nope! You grab the food, I'll take care of the rest. I have to run back upstairs. You might wanna use the bathroom. I'll be back down in five," he calls over his shoulder as he sprints up the staircase.

I can't help but giggle at his giddiness.

What are you planning, Edward Cullen?

~~~~~L~A~S~T~C~A~L~L~~~~~

An hour later, Edward has driven us through the woods, literally into the middle of nowhere. The Pine Barrens of New Jersey is no joke. I seriously hope he knows his way out of here.

Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey
People have gotten lost in this forest for days. The Jersey Devil has been spotted here multiple times.

I'm feeling a little creeped out at the moment. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that Edward was a serial killer luring me out to the woods to murder me and then dispose of my body.

Instead, I trust my sexy chauffeur and just keep a smile on my face, long after we've lost decent reception on the radio.

"Umm, Edward?" I sort of squeak out once I realize our headlights are the only thing lighting our path.

Street lights are long gone at this point. Please, ROADS are long gone at this point. We've been driving on bumpy sand for miles.

He chuckles, "Yehhsss?"

I do believe he's mocking me.

"You...do...know where you're going, right? I mean— we haven't seen a car for about twenty minutes. Is this private property?"

"Listen to you. Are you nervous?"

Mhmmm. Definitely mocking me.

"I'm not doing anything you weren't willing to do with me years ago, Bella," he chides.

"No, no, no. I'm not really nervous. I just...seriously...where are we? Where are we going?"

Edward slows to a stop, turns off the headlights, takes the keys out of the ignition and leans over to me, whispering, "Come on, Gretel...I left us a trail of breadcrumbs...we'll be fine."

He gives me a wink and gets out, jogging over to my side to open up the door for me.

"We have to walk from here. It's still several hundred feet to the tower beyond these log barricades," he murmurs into my ear as I step out.

"Tower, huh?"

"Yup. You, my dear, are at Apple Pie Hill. Yes, we're in the Pine Barrens, Wharton State Forest, more specifically. And yes, this is a protected area...but we're not doing anything illegal. Well, except that we're not technically supposed to be here after dusk. So...we're only breaking the rules a little bit," he adds with his sexy half-grin.

I look up to the top of the tower. Damn, that's pretty high. "Are we climbing this thing?"

Apple Pie Hill Fire Tower
"Yeah, come on. Have you done your cardio today?"

I laugh as we start climbing together, the metal grates making that pinging sound underneath the weight of our steps. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I did a half-hour's worth of laps in the pool this morning while you were gone."

"Oh. Well, I haven't, sooo...take one for the team? For me?" He huffs out as we continue to make our way higher and higher, me two steps beneath him.

"For you? Okay, I can handle that. But only because your ass is looking mighty fine in those jeans, buddy."

Edward turns around, smirking. "My ass, huh?" he growls, mimicking me and pulling me up to the landing he's stopped on. His hands cup my face and he brings his lips to mine, barely brushing against them.

With each graze, I can feel goosebumps forming all over my body. First on my forearms, then my neck, my legs...he's seducing me with his super powers by gently stroking my cheeks with his thumbs and allowing his warm cinnaminty breath to wash over me.

"Wh—what are you doing?" I whisper, strained, fairly certain that if I encourage his behavior, I will come right here, right now.

"I'm taking your mind off my ass...and focusing it on my lips. Is it working?"

"Mmmmm...mhmm, sufficiently distracted, yes. We can keep climbing." I swallow hard. I lose all sense of control when I'm within ten feet of this temptation in the form of my...well, boyfriend.

Hmm, we should probably address that issue, just to be sure we're on the same page.

He pulls back and jerks his head toward the ascending steps. "C'mon...you won't believe the view."

As we continue our adventure, he threads his fingers through mine and kisses my hand. Once we reach the top of the tower, he faces me outward, against the railing and wraps his arms around my waist.

Even though the darkness surrounds us, the view the moonlight affords is breathtaking. We're above the tree line. The vastness of the forest stretches for miles and miles in every direction. I can see thousands of bright lights in the distance to my left and right. I hope we can come back during the day. That view must be sensational.

"So, here we are. You just climbed about sixty feet and we're two-hundred nine feet above sea level." He stretches his right arm toward the right, "All those lights you see are Atlantic City. And over there," he points out to our left, "is Philly. Pretty cool, huh?"

I'm astounded. The majesty from up here…it's thrilling.

"It's amazing, truly. I can't believe we can see to the coast and all the way back to the city. So, we came here when we were together years ago?"

I can feel him nodding next to my cheek. "We did. We came here one night, like tonight, to check out the lights of the cities."

"And why do they call it Apple Pie Hill?"

He shakes his head. "Nobody's really ever said why. Some people think it's because of the shape of the hill that the tower sits on," he replies, imitating a quirky tour guide, making me giggle.

"Have we ever been here during the day?" I question, turning around in his embrace, so that we can be face to face.

"Nahh. We never made it here together for the day time view. James and I have seen it before and it's pretty spectacular," he says, pulling me down so that we're sitting next to each other on the grated landing, our legs dangling off the edge. "Wanna spend the night so that you're able to see it in daylight?"

I flick my head in a double-take, not sure if I heard him correctly. "What? How would we do that? We can't sleep up here!"

He smiles, shaking his head. "No, of course we won't sleep up here, goof. But I threw a couple sleeping bags and a tent in the trunk before you came out to the car. You packed our cooler. We've got everything we need. Whaddya say?" He leans into my neck and starts kissing under my ear.

Damn him. He knows that's my weak point. Nnnngh, fuck.

I've never been camping before...well...that I know of. I suppose I could handle one night without running water. What's stopping me? I've got nowhere to be 'til four tomorrow.

"I take it...mmmph, I take it you're not working tomor—row?" I gasp out.

Licking my neck, nibbling on my ear, hot breath invading...he's...he's killing me.

"Bella," he moans, "I'm the owner of a restaurant, *kiss* a hotel, *suck* and a catering company. *lick* I make the schedules for all three businesses *nibble and suck*...I'm pretty sure I put myself down to work four till closing tomorrow." He's relentless with his passionate assault and I'm melting under his touch.

I'm Bella goo.

I have no further argument here. Sold!

"Okaaaay," I whimper, breathlessly.

He stands and grabs both my hands pulling me up to him. His rock-hard erection is digging into my hip. He's just as turned on as I am.

Oh, hell yes. Let's become one with nature, shall we?

~~~~~L~A~S~T~C~A~L~L~~~~~

We somehow make it down to the ground without Edward having to carry me. I swear my legs turned to gelatin after his display at the top of the fire tower. We had to drive about a mile back toward the main road to the campsite.

Surprisingly, there aren't too many campers or cars in the vicinity. I suppose most people don't celebrate their Fourth of July weekend in the middle of the woods...opportunities to view fireworks are non-existent.

Edward makes quick work of our tent set-up. I take the sleeping bags and the padding he tells me about out of the trunk and crouch inside to spread out our bedding for the night.

"All set!" I call outside and peek through the drape that hangs down, looking for Edward. I hear the beep of the locked car and he comes around from behind the tent with the cooler in his hand.

"Thirsty?" He asks, bending down as he steps in and drops to his knees.

"Yeah, I could go for a bottle of water. I threw a couple left over wrap sandwiches in there too, in case you're hungry. I didn't know what to grab...you were being so cryptic back at the B&B."

He smiles, sitting back on his ankles. "Are you hungry?" he questions, head cocked to the side. His look communicates a very different kind of hunger he seems to be feeling.

I'm pretty sure I'm feeling it, too.

"Not for food," I boldly respond, my voice dropping to just above a whisper.

I knee-walk over to Edward and reach for his hand, he pulls me close so that our bodies are flush with one another.

"You hungry?" I question with a whisper, slowly lifting my face to catch his gaze.

He nods, wordless for the moment. He lowers his head so that his wet lips dance against my exposed collarbone. "I am," is his gruff response.

It takes one whoosh of his warm breath across my chest and I instantly feel the chills forming all over my body again. He drags the tip of his tongue from the strap of my tank top all the way up to my jaw and ends his trail with an open-mouthed kiss.

I roll my head back as I feel Edward grasp at my hips while thrusting his forward, his actions letting me know just how ready he is for our feast to begin.

I decide I can't wait any longer and grab the bottom of his t-shirt and bring it up and over his head while his hands nimbly find the button and zipper of my jeans. Once he has them undone, his hands snake around my hips, traveling underneath the denim fabric and back to my ass where he finds my cheeky panties waiting for him. He can't control the groan that escapes when he squeezes and runs his fingers along the bottom of the lace trim, drawing a line across my ass like he's reading a sentence in Braille.

"God woman, you're gonna kill me with these undergarments, I swear it."

I start giggling and have to pull away, needing clarification. "What are you talking about? It's not like I've been prancing around in my underwear for the last month and a half. What are you referring to, exactly?"

"Uhh, how about when you whipped off your sundress the other night when we went swimming? I probably would've drowned had I not been standing in the shallow end. You need to warn a guy before you bust out the satin sets, okay?" He raises his eyebrows in exasperation.

Oh my gosh, he's hilarious.

"Next you showed up by the fireplace wearing black lace something-or-others. Whatever they were, I saw right up your nightshirt and I felt my heart rate start beating erratically. Be careful, wouldja? My grandpa has a bad ticker...it might run in the family!"

I have to lean in for a hug. Why is he so damn adorable? I wrap my arms around his neck and give his ear a little lick and nibble.

"Nnnngh, woman! Then last night I confess my feelings for you and next thing I know I'm pulling these incredible little pink bikinis down your legs. I'm a lingerie guy...seriously. I'm a fool for you...but put yourself in these delectable numbers from whoever's catalogue and I'm fucking putty in your hands, baby. There. I've confessed. Now you know how to get me every time."

I force my giggling to cease because he's just so freaking cute. "Well, thank you for your confession," I murmur in his ear. "I promise to only torture you with my under armor when I really, truly need to...like if you're being totally unreasonable and I have to woo you with my panty power. Deal?"

I continue to tease him around and under his ear, below his scruffy jaw...gah. His stubble is a little pinchy, but I love it. Pinchy, but perfect.

"Hey listen, if I'm being totally unreasonable, you use whatever means necessary, okay? But even if I'm being compliant and agreeable, promise you'll still knock me out with your...what did you call it...oh, panty power?" he chuckles into my neck, gently kissing me and sending his enticingly low voice reverberating throughout my body.

"Well, since we're in the pitch black night, I'll just tell you that I'm wearing red to round out the holiday weekend. Red lace bra, and a matching lacy cheeky panty."

"A patriotic girl, huh?" he purrs as he moves us onto our bed, laying me back gently while his arms still surround my hips.

"Mhmmm."

"Well, I'll take your word for it right now." He swallows my attempted response by plunging his tongue in my mouth. Our kiss goes from zero to sixty in an instant.

Wet and hot. Lips, breaths, tongues. Frantic and calculated attacks.

His hands still gripping my ass, he tugs my jeans down and off. He crawls back up to me and pulls me into a sitting position. He scoops his fingers under my tank top and allows his fingertips to tickle their way up my sides, pulling my top with them.

As he dives back in for a kiss, I reach for his button and zipper to get us equally unclothed. I can feel how hard he is beneath his jeans. I'm dying to hold him in my hands, to rub him, to taste him. I'm feeling a bit shy when it comes to...that. I have zero experience on what to do; how to handle it to bring him as much pleasure as possible.

I want to learn though. I so want to learn for him, for me...for us.

Things start to move quickly, our desire and need overtaking the slow kisses and gentle touches from minutes ago.

Edward takes over and I hear enough rustling in the darkness of our tent that I assume he's pulled his jeans and boxers off. I take the same opportunity to unclasp my bra and toss it to the side in time for his lips to come back to mine as he forces us to fall back onto our pallet.

He trails his wet kisses from my neck down to my breasts. His tongue flicks against my nipple as his fingers pluck and tug at my other one.

It's sweet, agonizing torture.

I'm threading my fingers through his hair, my breathing coming out in gasps as I feel a tightening in my belly. I'm nervous...I know where he's going...and I just don't know what to do. It's embarrassing how inexperienced I am.

I've got to say something. I know it's ridiculous, but I have to.

Ugh, nightly bedtime confessions, day two.

"Umm, Edward?" I croak as he slinks further down my body. His wet kisses now on my hips and my belly button.

He "hmms" me, the hint of a question in his tone.

"I...I've never done this before…had this done to me before, I mean." His kisses pause. In the shadows, I can make out his head popping back up as if he'd be able to make eye contact with me.

"Okay," ...awkward pause... "I mean, do you want me to stop?"

Do I want him to stop? I don't know. I don't think so...but, I can't help feeling a little vulnerable in this position, even though my panties are still on...soaked and useless, though they may be.

"I don't think so...I just...I feel a little em—embarrassed, is all."

"Hey." I feel him crawl back up my body until we're face to face. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Bella. You are fucking gorgeous. Your heart, your mind, your body...everything about you. I sometimes forget that you lost so many years recuperating. One look at you and I'm instantly transported back to that amazing knockout that drove me crazy for four years," he murmurs with levity in his voice, breaking me out of my timid shell.

"I watched you push guys away constantly, knowing you had your pick of the litter. You had an air of..."

"Superiority," I interject, in sarcasm and truth.

He pinches my side, "No! Stop it. I was going to say confidence. Quit belittling yourself," he scolds.

"But hey...we're getting away from the point here. Tonight was supposed to be about good recollections from the past and making new special memories for us to have for our future. You're here with me and you're safe. You can be vulnerable with me, Bella. I've already laid my heart on the line. You know where I stand. I only want to make you happy from now on. I'm not going anywhere until you show me the door, remember?" He punctuates his little speech with a chaste kiss on my lips.

"You're right. I'm sorry I started to venture down this crummy path again. Where were we?" I groan as he peppers my face with butterfly kisses.

"Well, I was about to make you see stars...that is, if you'll let me?" His breath is hot and heavy in my ear. If I wasn't already lying flat on my back, I'd surely collapse from his seductive moves.

I nod rapidly, whimpering in the affirmative so that he knows he's been given a green light to head downtown.

"Trust me, Bella. You want me to do this," are his last words before he smoothly slinks his body down to the foot of our pallet, removing my panties along the way.

I still don't know what I'm doing but I'll follow whatever Edward tells me to do.

"Open up for me, baby. I'm gonna make you feel so fucking good, pretty girl." He kisses his way up my inner thigh until he's there...right there. Ready to do whatever it is that's going to make me see stars, according to him.

His fingers dance along my breasts, down my ribs, playing all the way until he firmly wraps his arms under my thighs, up and around the top of my stomach roughly tugging me toward his waiting lips. "I need you closer, pretty girl."

As soon as he finishes speaking, I feel his tongue lick me from my opening up to my clit. My upper body jumps at the contact as I gasp out an unbecoming, "Holy shit!"

I hear him chuckle in response. "Hang in there, baby. It's about to get really, really good."

He proceeds to lick and swirl and dart his tongue in and around my pussy until I seriously can't see straight.

He licks and plays with my clit with his tongue and his fabulous fingers. Barely there touches cause me to cry out more times that I can count, only wanting to feel more from him.

A couple of times, he adds one and then two fingers rubbing, teasing...torturing me, sliding in and out of me repeatedly.

I don't think I've ever felt so much moisture pooling and spilling out of me. He knows when to add pressure while he rubs. He knows when to pull back just to keep up the delicious agony.

He's being relentless. The stimulation from his fingers, combined with his oral assault have left me a moaning and mewling disaster.

His fingers need to be insured. He works with a lot of sharp edges, heavy bottles and glasses...I really don't want them getting tattered and torn.

That would make me really, really sad.

This man wasn't kidding. Stars, solar systems, universes...they've all passed before my eyes, and I'm left floating somewhere out in space.

I'm immediately grounded to the earth when Edward crawls back up my body. I can feel him hard and ready where he just left me sodden.

"Please!" I softly whine, licking his Adam's Apple. "Please, Edward...now, please!"

With a filling thrust he enters me, causing my eyes to roll back in my head. We grunt in unison as he sets an unabashed pace.

My lips reach for his and our tongues dance. I can feel his chin and stubble still moist from my most recent orgasm.

I can taste myself on his mouth. It's erotic and makes me feel even sexier than I already do.

I raise my pelvis off the ground and meet his thrusts; the sounds of our skin slapping fill our tent.

It turns me on exponentially.

"More...hh—harder Edward!"

"Oh, yeah?" I think he takes my direction as part invitation and part challenge because the next thing I know, he's scooped his arm under my left knee, raising it up until it sits flush against my chest as he continues to pound and swivel.

Those galaxies I mentioned earlier are coming back into focus.

A minute later, I wriggle my knee a bit causing him to pull away from our open-mouthed kisses. I assume he thinks I'm uncomfortable and want to put it back down but instead I stretch it out so that my leg is straight against his chest, my toes pointing due north.

"Goddamn, Bella," he growls and thrusts harder, if that's possible, crashing his lips back to mine when we aren't exchanging whimpers and moans...chasing down our orgasms.

His hand comes up and cups my face and he pushes his thumb into my mouth. I swirl my tongue around it, sucking and moaning in response to his forward move. A few seconds later, he removes his drenched thumb and snakes his hand between our sweaty, writhing torsos until he reaches my clit and starts mercilessly flicking, rubbing and pinching.

"Ahhh...hhhhooohmygodEdward...I'm...I'm—"

I feel my legs lock and I drop my lips from his, I can't concentrate on anything but riding the wave of this blissful trip he's taken us on.

"That's it, baby." He slows his pace only slightly, penetrating me with a few long strokes until he freezes above me, burying his face in my neck.

"Mmmmph," I hear him groan in what I hope is pleasure and satiation.

The weight of his body on mine only draws out my contentment.

He's here with me.

He's mine.

I'm his.

This is real and it's happening and my heart feels like it could probably burst from happiness and disbelief.

What a difference a day makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment